A quick guide to black mold exposure and how to get rid of it

A quick guide to black mold exposure and how to get rid of it

A mold infestation is something you wouldn’t wish even on your enemy’s house. It not only meddles with your home life but also puts your health at risk. Every house has a mold infestation, if you have not found one at your place yet, it either means you aren’t looking at the right places or the mold is growing in some hidden corner of your house.

So, what is mold exactly? Molds are black spots you see growing on damp walls, wet wooden floors, drywall, cardboard, carpets, and surfaces which have a leakage. These molds spread tiny spores in the air which may cause some serious allergies.

Symptoms of black mold exposure:

  • Sneezing
  • Coughing
  • Irritation of eyes
  • Irritation of skin or skin rashes
  • Worsening of asthma condition in patients with asthma
  • In some rare cases, difficulty in breathing

How to treat black mold exposure?
When it comes to the treatment for mold exposure, it is like any other kind of allergy. Following are some of the typical steps taken to treat black mold exposure:

One of the most common ways of treating mold exposure is taking antifungal drugs.

Another common practice is using nasal inhalers for sinuses and allergies related to mold.

Avoiding food items which are likely to be contaminated by molds is another way of preventing mold exposure.

Eating garlic, ginger, and other food items known to be antifungal, antiviral, and good for strengthening your immune system.

Avoiding alcohol as it contains yeasts and mold-containing ingredients.

Avoiding sugar, milk, bread, and other food items which stimulate the growth of the fungi.

Tips for mold removal at home:

Cover the area around the mold with plastic sheeting.

Invest in a good disinfectant for effective mold removal.

The most common disinfectants you can opt for are ammonia and bleach. Make a bleach solution or an ammonia solution with water and use it on the infected area. Pour the solution in a spray bottle for convenience.

You can also opt for natural disinfectants like tea tree oil, vinegar, and grapefruit seed extract for mold removal at home.

If you are unsure about going about with the mold removal procedure by yourself, you should call for the mold professionals to make your house mold free. The best thing to do if you spot a mold growth in your house is to clean it and stop it from growing further immediately. The larger it becomes, the more threats it will bring along.

PopularArticles
If you're looking for a new TV, you must have figured out that, basic TVs, particularly plasma TVs that are gone now, and every single new generation TV is made of LCD or LED panel. In any case, purch...
 
It is true that there isn't any substantial reason identified for the cause of a migraine. The best way to get rid of migraines is to keep away from what starts them in the starting place. Migraine sy...
 
Illnesses like spondylitis are complex, and while it may be life-threatening in rare cases, spondylitis can definitely make an individual feel uncomfortable. There is no specific cure for spondyliti...